Monday, December 22, 2008

Ho Ho Ho Time!

We finally took Allison to see Santa Claus tonight....as in for her to actually sit on his lap. She has been admiring him from a distance since he arrived at the local mall back in November.

She has been refining her response when asked "What would you like for Santa to bring you?" Besides the camping trip, Allison has now decided that she would like for Santa to bring her a baby doll. She was very excited when we told her late this afternoon that we were going to go see Santa so that she could tell him exactly what she would like.

Now, I was a little nervous. Allison's previous encounters with Santa have not been exactly pleasant. Tonight was different. I have to tell you it almost brought a tear to my eye to see her joy and excitement.




And my personal favorite (it just makes my heart MELT):

1 comment:

Tab said...

I love the 2nd to last picture! And I love how you were able to capture the anticipation before...and personality during the 'Santa' visit! She has so many different emotions in those pictures...and I know she will LOVE to see these pics later on in life and remember how exciting that first true encounter was as an excited 'not scared' little girl:-) I hope the Rickards have a VERY Merry Christmas!