Friday, August 15, 2008

What ever happened to all the great blogging I was doing?

That's a good question! I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that all of Allison's birthday festivities are this weekend and needed some preparation; and Allison and I have been soloing it for a little over a week while Chuck completed "The Summer of Rickard" in New York.

Speaking of NY, most of you saw how Allison cried when we took her daddy to the airport last week. Well, I'm just sad to say that I did not have my camera with me when we picked him up on Wednesday afternoon. It was like a scene from a movie. Right after we walked into the airport near baggage claim, I saw Chuck coming down the escalator. I said to Allison, "Ok! I see daddy. Do you?" Well, she started searching - looking around so intently. Then - she saw him. And there was no stopping her! She could have ran in the Olympics this weekend with the way she took off across the baggage claim area. Chuck had to put his carry-on down in order to catch her when she leaped into his arms. The whole time she was screaming "My daddy! My daddy! My daddy" and just smiling from ear-to-ear. It brought a little tear to both of our eyes, and everybody in the airport was just looking and grinning like they had seen something really special. And they had!

Anyway, I will leave you today with a few pics of the fun we had at JumpZone on Monday. Nana took us there to get Allison's mind off of missing daddy and to start the big birthday week celebration.

(P.S. - Get ready....I'll have lots of things to blog about over the weekend. My friend Marty and her two beautiful kids are coming today, and the big party is tomorrow morning.)


No comments: