Thursday, November 13, 2008

Crockpot, How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Ways

As some of you know, I love my crockpot. Let me rephrase that: I LOVE my crockpot! It makes me seem like a great cook on occasion, when I really haven't done much. You just dump stuff in it....and voila!

Case in point: dinner last night - Swiss Steak. My sweet C thought I had slaved over it. And I must say, it was delicious!

So, without further ado, let me share:

Crockpot Swiss Steak
2lb round steak
3 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons oil
1 can tomatoes; 16-oz chopped
1 onion; finely chopped
2 celery stalks; finely chopped
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoon wine vinegar
2 tsp beef bouillon granules
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt Pepper

Season meat with salt and pepper. Dredge meat in flour. (Note: I like to cut the meat in 1-in strips before browning). Heat oil in large skillet. Brown meat in batches. Add to crockpot with remaining ingredients. Cover pot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

*C loves to have mashed potatoes with this. He was in some heaven last night!

No comments: